Genuine Macbook Pro Battery?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Looks like both sellers are shipping from China, even though the second link claims to be homed in the UK. I'd be nervous about ordering directly from a Chinese retailer. The broken English in the negative feedback comments speaks volumes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, it may well be a duck. If it looks like a fake....................

Reaction score
idk understand why to be hesitant. ebay and paypal have great buyer protection, if you don't get what you ordered and you try to work it out with the seller (be reasonable and try to communicate, but you don't have spend a dime more than the initial price) then contact paypal/ebay and they will get all your money back...
honestly sellers are the vulnerable ones not buyers, i know people who got ripped off on ebay and they shipped everything perfect and the buyer complained and ebay pulled the money back out of their paypal accounts (withdrawing money does not protect you, unless you withdraw AND close the bank account attached to it) even then you probably will be turned into collections for something you didn't even do and paypal will pay the buyer back and you will owe paypal/collections.

Reaction score
why be hesitant. ebay and paypal have great buyer protection.

Sure they do but if you had to make a return in order to get your money back, that's often on your dime and if shipping to China, that could take some time. It's not even worth the risk IMHO.

Reaction score
Sure they do but if you had to make a return in order to get your money back, that's often on your dime and if shipping to China, that could take some time. It's not even worth the risk IMHO.

thats why the seller should pay for the postal charge, and if you are return because its their fault you do not pay for shipping. if they ask you to let them know you will be getting in contact with paypal dispute, and tell them you bought an item that was not as described.

if paypal gets involved you will not have to worry about shipping back the item, also credit card services protect you in these situations. if you buy something with a credit card, you can get in contact with your credit card company to resolve the situation.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See post # 4 above and avoid all the hassles of dealing with eBay, PayPal, etc. Other World Computing is where we recommend purchasing batteries and other items for your Mac. It just isn't worth the aggravation of dealing with having to return an item to an eBay seller and then trying to get your money back from PayPal. Besides tying up your money for awhile, it just a general PITA.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3

See post # 4 above and avoid all the hassles of dealing with eBay, PayPal, etc. Other World Computing is where we recommend purchasing batteries and other items for your Mac. It just isn't worth the aggravation of dealing with having to return an item to an eBay seller and then trying to get your money back from PayPal. Besides tying up your money for awhile, it just a general PITA.

So you are saying you guys actually recommend these guys Other World Computing over/equally to mac product? is there a reason they are particularly good?

Many thanks for your replys,
J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I bought OWC's replacement battery 3 years ago for my 2007 MBP and still use it to this day along with my 2nd OWC battery purchased 3 months ago. My first OWC battery has lasted longer than the stock Apple battery which looked like this...
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/266123-07-mbp-battery-expanded-while-charging-overnight.html

l.jpg
l.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
I have had nothing but fine service and excellent products from OWC. Why are they good? Perhaps pride doesn't allow them to sell garbage at discount prices? I don't know, but they are the most reputable in my experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.