Any signs of Retina display MacBook Air 13"?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to this forum & I thought I would post this questions out to the veteran here.

Been using MBA 13" for close to a year now & with the latest intro of MBP 13" Retina screen w/o optical drive, that made both MBA 13" & MBP 13" slightly redundant, don't you guys think so?

Anyway, it would be interesting to see what Apple has got in store for the upcoming MBA 13" refresh.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Why purchase a 13" retina with on-board only graphics when for $200 more, you can get a 15" retina with dedicated graphics card? Makes zero sense to me. The Intel graphics chip has a LOT to contend with. First off, Mountain Lion is very resource hungry where graphics are concerned. On top of that, having to push the kind of resolution the retina display is asking for? No thanks.

I don't even get the need for retina on a 13". Is it pretty? Yeah, I guess. But who besides graphics professionals at this point has an actual use for it at that price point? People with too much money burning a hole in their pockets?

Personally, I'd go with a MacBook Air if you were considering a 13" retina if it's size that matters. You aren't getting better performance out of that Pro if it's graphics you're working with. And if it is, get the 15", period.

Doug

OP
R
Reaction score
Why purchase a 13" retina with on-board only graphics when for $200 more, you can get a 15" retina with dedicated graphics card? Makes zero sense to me. The Intel graphics chip has a LOT to contend with. First off, Mountain Lion is very resource hungry where graphics are concerned. On top of that, having to push the kind of resolution the retina display is asking for? No thanks.

I don't even get the need for retina on a 13". Is it pretty? Yeah, I guess. But who besides graphics professionals at this point has an actual use for it at that price point? People with too much money burning a hole in their pockets?

Personally, I'd go with a MacBook Air if you were considering a 13" retina if it's size that matters. You aren't getting better performance out of that Pro if it's graphics you're working with. And if it is, get the 15", period.

Doug

I'm with you Doug. Their line of products are becoming less distinctive amongst them and I think anyone with basic mathematical skills would be able to identify which one is more value for money & which is not.

I supposed MBA has always been on the front line when it comes to latest technology for macbook so I can't wait to see the next MBA refresh!

:p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.