Itunes keeps opening!!!

B

bpublisher

I am running an imac g5 20 inch 1.8 ghz computer, with mac osx 10.4.4, and everytime I quit itunes, it opens up a few seconds later. Anything I can do about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
M

mrfu

I have the exact same problem on my Powerbook and so does my girlfriend on her iBook.

Reaction score
bpublisher & mrfu,

Check to see if the iTunes Widget is active on Dashboard?

Deactivate it and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Do you have something installed or running that integrates with iTunes? Maybe a dashboard widget or similar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
That happens to me too, it's weird. I'll try closing the dashboard widget.

OP
T

TMelcher

Also, do you have an iPod plugged in? Sometimes, depending on how your preferences are setup, iTunes will try to remain open as long as your iPod is plugged in.

Reaction score
TMelcher said:
Also, do you have an iPod plugged in? Sometimes, depending on how your preferences are setup, iTunes will try to remain open as long as your iPod is plugged in.

Thats the only thing i would be able to think of...i dont believe the dashboard would be able to single handedly open itunes. i cant be one to double check that right now - im at work on these crappy windows machines - but i DO believe that if you go to the dashboard while itunes is not open, the itunes widget says something along the lines of "itunes not open/running"....

must be some kind of integration program or service....OR the ipod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
iTunes Dashboard widget solved the problem, so far... I'll report if anything else weird goes on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.