MacBook air and photo software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: Early 2011; 2.3GHz; 8GB RAM; version 10.9.4 OS X
I am thinking and purchasing a MacBook Air 11" with the dual core i5 processor, 1.7-1.8Ghz. Would Adobe photoshop and/or elements run fine on that particular computer? Or do you think programs like that will be too slow?

I would plan to get a superdrive (external CD/DVD drive)to upload it off the software disc. I plan to deactivate Elements from the Pro and Install it on the Air. I want to purchase CS6 sometime as well.

My current Macbook Pro: 13"; early 2011 with a 2.3 GHz i5 Core has Adobe Elements and works fine with some slight delays on very large photo files. I use an expensive Nikon DSLR and my photos are quite large (terms of MP's) for editing.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Depends on what you are doing. But I do have Photoshop CS6 running on last year's core i7. Works fine. Memory is limited as I only have 4GB - so I can't work on a bunch of files at once - but it seems to handle my DSLR raw files fine. I am not doing a lot of layer editing though - just your basic touch up, getting rid of unwanted elments, that kind of stuff.

EDIT: The new MBAs have options up to 8GB of RAM so that may help.

C

chas_m

Assuming you get your MBA with the maximum RAM, then you should have no trouble with PS or Elements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.