swf in Safari

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I tried inserting a swf file on my site using various ways but in the end I've got it working everywhere but not in safari. In safari it does not show anything at all not even a white space. Is there a secret how to do this? Please help me. Thank you.

??????????????????? - ?????? (outdated link removed)

It is in Russian language.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I have Perian, the latest flash player and Flip 4 mac installed. VLC too - but I don't think that has a plugin for the browsers. So one of those is allowing me to see your SWF - I just don't know which one.

OP
P
Reaction score
That is strange because I also have Perian, Flip4mac, vlc and the latest adobe flash. May be you have some other additional software allowing you to see it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those are the only codec type things that I know of installed on my machine. It worked in Chrome and Firefox as well.

I had thought swf didn't work on the Mac - but somehow it is playing for me. This test page also works for me
SWF Test Page (outdated link removed)

edit:It is definitely showing as Flash - as click to Flash blocks it - but as I click on it - the swf will play.

OP
P
Reaction score
The strange thing is that the test page works on my mac in safari fine also my swf works in opera, firefox, chrome on mac but not in safari. I don't have any problems with flash on other sites either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't know what to tell you - but the Flash works - assuming it is the one with the pictures of the families going by in slide show type format.

It does take a while to load for me. Maybe 30 seconds or so before it starts playing.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Works here also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.