Boot Up Problems

Reaction score
I bought the iPad 4 yesterday afternoon (16GB wifi only) and had trouble from the word go.

During set up, I set it to be a brand new iPad, despite my iPad 1 having been backed up. I apparently couldn't update iTunes to the latest version without updating the software on my Mac, so for now, this is it.

After a while, it started restarting itself, it would only take a few seconds and I thought nothing of it. IOS6 problems I assumed.

However it's less than 24 hours after purchase and it wouldn't get past the Apple logo. Hard reboot a couple of times since to try and get past it, and now I'm stuck with the Apple logo and the following message in the top left corner:

"AppleBCMWLANCore::bootChipImage(): state 0x20
AppleBCMWLANCore::halt():
AppleBCMWLANBusInterfaceHSIC::resetChip():"

Do I have to take it back to the store and switch it? If so, what's stopping me getting all the same problems with the new device? I've since discovered numerous problems with the IOS6 software and the update following that. Who's to say the iPad Mini won't give me grief either?

I'm so upset. I was so excited about getting myself an early birthday/Christmas present and now I'm over it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do I have to take it back to the store and switch it? If so, what's stopping me getting all the same problems with the new device? I've since discovered numerous problems with the IOS6 software and the update following that. Who's to say the iPad Mini won't give me grief either?

Take it back, you may have gotten a defective unit. If you're dissatisfied with the next one, return it within the two week return period and get a full refund.

No sense worrying over it as long as you can return it.....

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks! I took it back to the store this morning and swapped it with another one, was in there for a good half an hour but they were happy to do it... My new iPad's been on for half an hour so far, setting up etc. and I don't have any complaints. *breathes a sigh of relief*!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great. If you're happy, we're happy. :D Have fun with your new iPad and visit us often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.