Zoom In

Reaction score
Hello every one.
I am running on OSX 10.8.2 Mountain Lion
Quite often when on a internet program or Pages and the like the program will zoom in being so large as to make it unusable.
Has any one any suggestions to rectify this please. mousetrap.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Is this a Mac notebook? Could it be that you're inadvertently triggering the zoom trackpad gesture? If so, maybe you should try disabling it in System Preferences => Trackpad.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hello Staff
Thanks for replying. No it's not a notebook just a plain ordinary desktop and the Trackpad was not active or at least I was told "No Trackpad Found" mousetrap.

C

chas_m

Are you using the Magic Mouse?

If so, stop tapping on it impatiently (or idly). You're triggering the zoom function. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
You may have a point there, thank you for that. Is there a way to make a mouse less sensitive?

C

chas_m

You can disable that function entirely in your Magic Mouse controls. It drove me crazy because it seemed to be happening "randomly" to me until I figured out that my idle tapping was causing it. Once I was aware of that, I stopped tapping and left the control in place (since it can be useful on occasion).

OP
M
Reaction score
To Chas_m just a thank you for solving the problem. Bit late but had to make sure all was well. mousetrap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.