slow startup before windows 7 loads

Reaction score
Hi,
I installed Windows 7 and Mountain Lion with bootcamp on my mbp mid 2012 with SSD using rEFIt (I also tried without bootcamp, first)

after the rEFIt choice, the system waits about 90 seconds on a black screen (with a ms-dos style blinking cursor) and then windows starts quite fast, normally

I noticed this problems appeared during the windows 7 installation. The first boots to the installer were quite fast, and after x reboot during install, this black screen appears each time..

I've updated all the windows drivers with bootcamp support (I only had a msg that tells me that the usb 3.0 drivers couldn't be installed properly)

any ideas ?
thanks

manu

OP
M
Reaction score
yeahaah, I found the solution :

if for some reasons windows didn't recognize the installed version as genuine, you can use the tool windows_loader made by Daz to fix the problem. I used version 2.1.7 and it works well with bootcamp and rEFIt. Windows now starts in a few seconds ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.