Pages loading REALLY slow out the blue?

Reaction score
Web pages have started to load really slow, partially load or time out? im constantly have to hit refresh!

This is only happing with my macbook wifi, have two PCs acting fine, so assume it not a router problem.

Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It may not be a router problem but could very well be a DNS problem. You may be using a DNS server that's provided by your ISP which works well for the PCs but not your Mac. I've run into the same problem myself in the past.

Open System Preferences, Network, Advanced, DNS. What are you showing in the DNS Servers box? If the numbers are grayed out, that means it's showing an address for your router only and the DNS is being set automatically by your ISP.

Let us know.

OP
P
Reaction score
its got 8.8.8.8 under DNS servers?

Screenshot2012-11-09at013304.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a good server. It's the Google Public DNS server which normally loads web pages very fast. I use the same one myself without any problems. There may be something else going on with your connection that's slowing things down. Connect an ethernet cable from your router to the Mac and access the same web pages that were loading slow to see if the same thing occurs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.