Question about Excel 2004 for Mac

Reaction score
I have a question about a function in Microsoft Excel that can be performed in Excel for Windows, but possibly not in Excel 2004 for Mac. I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac, and I can't seem to make this function work.

When I type in a header title for one worksheet, and then establish another worksheet, let's say the one next to it, the header title will be exactly identical to the one on the first worksheet. If I change the header text on the second worksheet, that exact change will also automatically appear on the first worksheet.

In Excel for Windows this function works differently. In the Windows version, two side-by-side worksheets within the "same" workbook can have "different" titles in the top header section of the worksheet. This is the effect I'm trying to achieve in Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

I've included an attachment of the header section of an Excel worksheet with this posting to illustrate what I am trying to do.

If anyone knows of a way to achieve this function with Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac, any tips are much appreciated.
I am also interested to know if this effect can be achieved with Microsoft Excel 2008 or 2011 for Mac.

Thanks.

excel text graphic.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.