simple game

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I am a junior in highschool, and this year i took an independent study class and i need help, because the teacher that made the course isn't teaching and the one that took over knows nothing about computers... I need to develop a simple iPhone game. I tried all the tutorials on youtube but none of them worked when i replicated them, and tried teaching myself c++ but that may take longer than i have. Does anyone have a tutorial for a game for the most recent Xcode? if they do could they make a video and email it to me or someone give me lessons??

Any help would be great thanks !

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thread moved - Please read the forum descriptions before posting.

For iPhone, you'll have to use Objective-C to develop the game, not C++. If you don't know how to program in Obj-C, or any other language and aren't familiar with programming concepts like OOP (Object Oriented Programming) or MVC (Model View Controller) design patterns, then it's not trivial to do much for the iPhone.

You can purchase some books and learn Obj-C, iOS and game development but that usually takes a while to learn and even longer if you don't already have a background in other programming languages.

Take a look at Cocos2d which is a Obj-C game framework for iOS that allows you to create games pretty nicely and there are some simple games listed here with full source code that you can take a look at and learn from..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.