How do stop seeing other programs open in the background

Reaction score
For example, when i have Photoshop open etc, i can see other programs or the background open behind, is there a way i can stop this so the background is greyed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
You can either use full screen or put it on another desktop. On a Macbook, use the 3 finger swipe up and drag it to another desktop or 3 finger swipe from right to left for a blank desktop and open it FS there. Swipe left to right to quickly switch back to other open programs.

OP
W
Reaction score
i know what your saying, but what i mean is something different, i realise you can maximize the window, but even if the window is maximized, you will still be able to see through the program, ill upload a picture to show you what i mean,

as you can see i have illustrator open but i can still see the webpage behind it, is there a way i can turn off this effect, so that the window is solid and you cant see behind the program, thanks.

wes.

Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 09.09.19.png

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That is how the Adobe tools have always worked. You get a bunch of different windows that contain their components and you have your canvas where you are doing your drawing. You have a couple of options; 1) Close all other applications when using any of the Adobe tools, and 2) use Isolator to isolate the Adobe tools so that everything else is blurred out, I believe you can adjust the level of graying as well so that the background apps gets sufficiently blurred and grayed and shouldn't be visible..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't use CS here but apparently, each app has a set of "screen modes" which include a full screen option. Have you tried that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.