Importing Audiobooks without iTunes??

J

judah

Hey everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone knew of a good program to import audiobooks? I have a HUGE collection of audiobooks on CD, but whenever I try to import them into iTunes I run in to two problems:

1) iTunes will import unrecognized audiobooks as Track 01.mp3. This wouldn't be a problem except:

2) I can't figure out how to specify a separate folder for importing.

This means that if I import a 12-CD audiobook, I now have 12x Track01.mp3 and have to split them up into folders on my media hard-drive which is very tedious.

I would love a program with which I can specify the names of the incoming tracks and/or the location of the import. Ultimately, I will be using iTunes to play these files, and have no problems spending time going through editing track info to contain the right artist/file-type etc., but having to do this twice is a bit of a bother.

Any ideas much appreciated!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'd recommend AudioBook Builder.

Have been an Audible subscriber for a few yrs now, so haven't used it in awhile. But it was the best one out there when I was looking for ways to work with the files from my CDs.

OP
J

judah

Hold the phone, someone on another forum showed me an EXCELLENT tutorial. You can set all of the info on import, including author, title, category and number of discs! I'm very pleased that I can keep everything in iTunes. I can't set the import disk, but I'm still saving a step by importing everything with the correct info!

Here's the link for anyone interested: How to Import Audio CD Audiobooks into iTunes for Listening on an iPod or iPhone | Aldoblog

bobtomay, thanks for your reply. I'm going to take a look at that too!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Couldn't do that with iTunes at all when I was trying to do it. And it was a pitb back then (only 5 yrs ago) just to get your ripped audiobooks recognized and put into the audiobook section of iTunes.

I've got a big long tutorial somewhere around the forum also, but gave that up when I found the app above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.