Macbook Pro RAM upgrade problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2012, i5 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM
I have a 2012 Macbook pro with 4GB 1600MHZ RAM. I went into my local computer shop and bought what was advertised on the website as 8GB 1600MHZ RAM, however on the box it says its only 1066MHZ.

Will installing this reduce performance or should a take it back and not install it?

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Will installing this reduce performance or should a take it back and not install it?

Don't even mess around with the wrong ram. Take it back…and get the correct ram.:)

I also kind of doubt that 1066mhz ram would work in a MacBook Pro requiring 1600mhz ram (it may not even fit in the slot).

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2012, i5 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM
Don't even mess around with the wrong ram. Take it back…and get the correct ram.:)

I also kind of doubt that 1066mhz ram would work in a MacBook Pro requiring 1600mhz ram (it may not even fit in the slot).

- Nick

Thanks dude. It's a shame I'm at Uni at the moment, so I can't take it back until at least next week :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.