Automatic setting for "Right Size All Columns Individually"

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

When in the finder's "column" list, there are two small bars like this, || , where each column lies. If you right click on it you are provided options on how to size the finder's columns.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any tricks or terminal coding that will keep the setting "Right Size All Columns Individually" set to on indefinitely? In other words, applied to all finder windows, and all the time.

As I have many files and folders with long names, it has become very frustrating constantly having to click this setting for the finder every time I open a new window.

Thanks for your help :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can't do it without the use of a third party substitute Finder application. Check out this article which reviews Finder like apps. LINK The article is a bit outdated but the apps are still around. I personally use "muCommander" (free open source) but there are others that you may like better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.