Permanent Personal Hotspot

Reaction score
I frequently tether devices to my iphone to share an internet connection. Is there any way to permanently allow a particular device to share the connection when it's available a la wifi? It is so annoying to have to go into Personal Hotspot and get it "discoverable" every time!

Thanks for your help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There might be an easy way, but I haven't found it. I have to do the same thing with my iPad 3 whenever I wish to use it as a "hot spot" for my iMac. The only advantage for my iMac is that it remembers the iPad 3 name but it still has to go through the process of discovering it as a hot spot before connecting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
There is the option to leave personal hotspot on all the time. I have done it on my iPad without really any negative affects to battery life. I did it by accident once, and didn't notice until I went to turn it on and it was already running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.