• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Defugality with new HandBrake feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
The new Handbrake has a item under File...

Add all titles to queue...

This would be the long awaited batch file processing that we have been waiting for, I thought. Instead of going through the Source/select/Add to Queue dance over and over for every title to be converted, this should allow you to select multiples all at once.

Except that either it doesn't, or I can't figure out how. So far, as of last check, there is nothing on the HB website that discusses this new feature. Googling gets nothing so far except for the old versions.

The feature is active and if clicked on, it posts a message...

You are about to add all titles to the queue!
Current settings will be added to all 1 titles.

And a button...
Yes, I want to add all titles to the queue.

But there is no combination of mouse and keyboard that will every allow the selection of more than one file. Not unless it is some nonstandard key sequence.

Anybody get this to work? Or at least confirm that the feature is broken?

OP
cptkrf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
That feature is highly unfinished, to say the least. If what you are trying to convert is in DVD format, forget trying to use the batch mode. It will not look into sub folders, so selecting multiple VOBs isn't possible.

But, as I was gathering information to build my own batch feeder front end, I found a very good app already to go, and it works great.

HandBrakeBatch - OSOMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.