Feature missing in Mail 6.2

Reaction score
Not long ago I discovered a feature in Mail where I could click a button in a received email containing a photo and save the photo to iPhoto (and other choices). Now that feature is missing. Am I just not seeing it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Are you right-clicking? I'm not at home to try this on my Mac, but that might have something to do with it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Right click the photo > Export to iPhoto.

OP
B
Reaction score
I found it by clicking on Details at the top right of the email that has the photo I want to save.
Then I clicked on Save and chose "add to iPhoto". Nothing happens. The picture does not show up in iPhoto.

Reaction score
I found it by clicking on Details at the top right of the email that has the photo I want to save.
Then I clicked on Save and chose "add to iPhoto". Nothing happens. The picture does not show up in iPhoto.

Did you ever find a solution? I upgraded to Mountain Lion and lost this feature.

If I had an email with multiple photos, I could hit Save, Add to iphoto. and all the pics would be moved into my iPhoto folder Last Import. Now nothing happens when I do that.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks,

Don

C

chas_m

I just tested this myself, and you're right -- Export to iPhoto doesn't work in Mail. Weird.

However, "Save Attachment" works fine, and so does simply "dragging" the photo into the iPhoto icon on the dock, so I'm not too worried about it. I will report the bug, however.

Reaction score
Found this over on the Apple support forum, it works.

The way that I got it to "Add to iPhoto" was to first left-click Quick Look. At the top of the Quick Look of the photo there is a button that says Open with Preview. Instead of left-clicking on this, I right-clicked on it and a menu appeared with the "Add to iPhoto" option here. I selected it from here, iPhoto opened and the photo added fine.

Apple has known about this issue since at least Nov from postings over there, no fix yet.

Don

Reaction score
Except it only dumps pics one at a time, the old OS did all at once. PITA.

Don

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.