iphone battery

Reaction score
Should I replace battery or iphone

My iphone 4s battery is fading fast, won't hold a charge. $80 plus shipping to replace battery, $99 plus contract to replace phone with same model.
to early to upgrade at reasonable price.....advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
This is kinda early for the battery in a 4S to be dying. Before you go and replace it, try doing a hard reset. Sometimes battery drain is caused by something that is hung in the background. I experienced this with my 3GS some time back and a hard reset cured it. You can verify if this is the problem by first fully charging your iPhone, then take it off the charger and later in the day, after it has had plenty of idle time and some usage, check some stats. Open Settings and go to General > Usage. If the times for Usage and Standby are identical despite having sat idle for a bit after a full charge, then something is hung in the background.

To do a hard reset, press the Home button and keep it held. Then quickly press the Lock button up top and keep both pressed until it reboots and you see the Apple logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
This is kinda early for the battery in a 4S to be dying. Before you go and replace it, try doing a hard reset. Sometimes battery drain is caused by something that is hung in the background. I experienced this with my 3GS some time back and a hard reset cured it. You can verify if this is the problem by first fully charging your iPhone, then take it off the charger and later in the day, after it has had plenty of idle time and some usage, check some stats. Open Settings and go to General > Usage. If the times for Usage and Standby are identical despite having sat idle for a bit after a full charge, then something is hung in the background.

To do a hard reset, press the Home button and keep it held. Then quickly press the Lock button up top and keep both pressed until it reboots and you see the Apple logo.

Good advice. I've noticed rapid battery drain with almost no apps running on my 5. Then again, with iOS 6 and LTE and new phone, who knows if this is the solution or not. But doesn't hurt to try. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.