Lacie external drive failure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27 inch screen, 32 RAM, mid 2010 and MacPro 13inch 16 RAM running Logic and Final Cut Pro
drive LACIE 1T external hard drive

issue - power to the drive from the Computer via USB cable but the hard drive is not turning so there seems to be fault with the electrics internally but I am not sure

all I know is that before there was a sound of the motor going round and now there is not

the HD is full of music content which I would like to access but I do not know how

any suggestions please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Get a new enclosure or hard drive dock and take the drive out of the Lacie case.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27 inch screen, 32 RAM, mid 2010 and MacPro 13inch 16 RAM running Logic and Final Cut Pro
sadly i have done that and it is actually the whirling inside the physical hard drive that no longer works and I want to know what I need to do to get this working again or to retrieve the data from the har drive?:'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the drive has mechanically failed (no longer spins), there is no way you can recover your data without having it done professionally by recovery experts. And that is a very expensive process here in the States. Large hard drives can cost upward to $1000 to recover data from. I have no idea where you can get that done in Spain or Europe. Probably in the UK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.