Finder menu bar additions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook late 09 2.26GHz OS10.7 8gb ram
I remember back on my beige G3 running OS9, i used to be able to add extra dropdown menus to the Finder's menu bar which would give a menu of a folders contents.

Now running 10.7, i was wondering if this kind of modification is still possible? I haven't been able to find tips using searches, but possibly because i'm using the wrong keywords?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I have not seen anything in the default finder that allows an extra drop down in the Default Finder. Path Finder does have this ability.
Path Finder 6 by Cocoatech
It is $40 USD - but it has a bunch of other niceties that Finder by itself is missing. (Tab Browsing, customizable hot keys to name a few)

If you want to stick with the default finder - it seems that they want you to put shortcuts in the sidebar as places. You could create a smart folder to show only what you want. For example I have a smart folder of all my iwork icloud docs as a place on my sidebar. In essence I think Finder has gone more the route of using spotlight to find your files. Consider organizing by tag vs organizing by folder.
Tagger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.