Parallels 7 on a MacBook Pro 13 - Graphics Issues

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently picked up a mid 2012 MacBook Pro 13 with 8GB ram and standard Intel 4000HD graphics, runs a charm and so does Parallels 7.. mostly.

I am a bit of a gamer and I wanted to put some low end games on the windows side of my mac. I Installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit - same as my main rig and it all went swell. Once I finished all the Windows updates I decided to install some games. I installed Burnout Paradise the Ultimate Box, it launched smoothly everything went well 'till I got ingame, the textures were flashing and moving around and I exited immediately. I thought it was a problem with drivers, so I downloaded the drivers for the Intel HD 4000 graphics, upon launching them it told me that my system did not meet the minimal specifications, I have allocated 200GB to Windows, 4Gb ram and most of the Vram also, I found out that this error was telling me that I did not have the Intel HD 4000 and I believe it is an issue with Parallels not identifying my graphics.

Help much appreciated
~Ed

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Upgrade your Parallels to version 8 and try again. Keep in mind that when you use a virtual machine, the VM supplies the drivers, directX, and so forth. You can download drivers from Intel for the HD 4000 but they're not going to be used when running Windows in Parallels.

For best gaming results, use the Boot Camp assistant to setup Windows 7 to dual boot with ML. Games run better from native Windows.

OP
F
Reaction score
Upgrade your Parallels to version 8 and try again. Keep in mind that when you use a virtual machine, the VM supplies the drivers, directX, and so forth. You can download drivers from Intel for the HD 4000 but they're not going to be used when running Windows in Parallels.

For best gaming results, use the Boot Camp assistant to setup Windows 7 to dual boot with ML. Games run better from native Windows.

I updated a short time after posting this and some things launch when they didn't before, but I still can't update the drivers, I guess bootcamp is the way to go. Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.