Help required for Mac OSX 10.6.8

Reaction score
Hi everyone

To cut a long story short, the following has disappeared from my mac

1. system preference - it says it maybe damaged or "incomplete

2. The grey hardware shaped disc in the right hand corner , the disc i think has gone.

3. All my itunes music is gone etc.

I have looked in apps, even documents, spotlight and cannot find it.

There was a funny shaped thing on my screen the other day, and i downloaded clamvax, it found a lot of bad files and millions of virus's etc.

I suppose i am looking at reinstating it all over again. But i do not know much about macs in the techie sense, so if this is the case, can anyone tell me how i download another thank you so much.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi there again

I got the mac HD disc back, but still remains i cannot seem to remove the clamvax, i have been on their web site but it doesnt work.

music still all gone, and still no system preferences

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Millions of viruses? On a Mac? Or do you have a Boot Camp partition with Windows? I find it VERY HARD to believe that OS X is infested with malware like that. Even if it was, why would you want to remove the software that FOUND all that? Have you used it to clean the malware off your system?

EDIT: You should check the health of your drive. Missing files are signs of a hard drive that is dying. See my tips here:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...o-much-space-used-hard-drive.html#post1372971

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.