can't watch online video

Reaction score
Hi, guys...i am new to mac...don't know how to start video on this page:
tvhall.tv this site streams video of ukrainian channels and it says "missing plug-in" i went to microsoft and downloaded something like add on for quick player, but it didn't help...any idea? Maybe you will be able to play it on your mac...and than would tell me how to do it.
Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately that particular site is in Russian. And even when translated to English there is no link to view the on line video so we can test it.

I suspect you're missing a codec that's needed. The plug in you downloaded from Microsoft was "Flip4Mac" which doesn't work with all videos. You might try downloading and installing "Perian" from here. Perian contains many different codecs, perhaps one of them will work.

OP
M
Reaction score
Unfortunately that particular site is in Russian. And even when translated to English there is no link to view the on line video so we can test it.

I suspect you're missing a codec that's needed. The plug in you downloaded from Microsoft was "Flip4Mac" which doesn't work with all videos. You might try downloading and installing "Perian" from here. Perian contains many different codecs, perhaps one of them will work.

on that site...there is a button "TVoiP-blah blah blah" you press it and it takes you to channel list....so you press the chennel on the right, and at the left it should play. Maybe this will help you understand how it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27" 3.2GHz core i3. iphone 5. iPod classic 160g. macbook air 13" . apple tv.
As chscag mentions, you are probably missing a codec so as also mentioned try perian or install divx which generally plays all video in my experience. Good luck.

C

chas_m

In this case, I suspect the real problem is:

1. He needs to update his Flash
2. That site is certainly illegal (and likely infested with viruses) and is likely to be shut down at any time.

When we tell people that the best way to protect your computer from malware is to stay away from suspicious sites, we're talking about places like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.