Mini DVI to HDMI

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Macbook, 2.4 (Model Identifier MacBook7,1) and I'm trying to find a DVI to HDMI convertor online to purchase but I'm not sure which one.

I've found a few but the connector to the Macbook looks a little big. Are there any brands/ specifics I should be looking for online or should I just purchase at an electronics store?

So confused...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have a 2011 Macbook, 2.4 (Model Identifier MacBook7,1) and I'm trying to find a DVI to HDMI convertor online to purchase but I'm not sure which one.

I've found a few but the connector to the Macbook looks a little big. Are there any brands/ specifics I should be looking for online or should I just purchase at an electronics store?

So confused...

If that model identifier is correct, you have a mid-2010 model MacBook Pro, not a 2011 MacBook. You also don't have a DVI connection of any kind. What you have is a mini-DisplayPort (mini-DP) with audio.
MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 13" Mid-2010 Specs (Mid-2010 13", MC374LL/A, MacBookPro7,1, A1278, 2351*) @ EveryMac.com

Assuming you want to output the audio also, you need to very specifically make sure the cable/adapter you get supports that. Here's one:
Kanex Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable 10 ft (3 m)

Cheaper ones are available at Monoprice in various lengths:
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.