Photo Screensaver Loading Photos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I have been using the Mountain Lion photo screen savers in conjunction with my Aperture library. After either an OS X or Aperture update (not sure which it was...), the photo screensavers no longer work. I just receive a, "Loading Photos" message that never seems to go away.

Any ideas what could be causing this and/or how to rectify it?

I'm running the most recent version of OS X and Aperture.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sean

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any ideas? I did a few Google searches on this, and there certainly appears to be a problem with this. Unfortunately, none of the suggested solutions I have found work for me.

Sean

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I've isolated the problem. It appears that referenced photos (i.e. photos whose source files are not resident on my hard drive) are causing the problem. If i restrict the screensaver to look at Events or folders where the photos are on my drive, the problem goes away.

This is a bit odd as there was never a problem until the recent OS X update. I would suspect something was changed that now prevents referenced photos from being included in the screen saver, so the software is continuously searching for them.

Hopefully, this can be corrected in the future, but I hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

Sean

Reaction score
I loved the old screen saver in Snow Leopard that scrolled through my photos. Now I have upgraded to Mountain Lion and it is no longer available. I use Aperture for my photos. Can you tell me how to connect to my Aperture library?

Thanks.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure, go to System Preferences>Desktop & Screen Saver

On the left side, select one of the photo screen savers under the "Slideshows" category. On the right side there should be a preview window, under which is an option titled, "Source." Click the drop-down and select, "Photo Library."

From there, it should point you to your Aperture library. You can either select the entire library or some subset such as an Event, Faces, etc.

'Hope that helps!

Sean

Reaction score
Thanks. I went through the steps and I only have an option for iPhoto. I don't see an option to get an Aperture library. Am I missing something? I have attached a screen shot so you can see what I see.

Neilin

Screen Shot 2012-11-11 at 12.20.29 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.