New macbook won't connect to the internet via ethernet cable.

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in Germany living in student housing. My old macbook connects to the internet via a ethernet cable. I had to manually put in a ip address and all that info, but when I try the same thing it does not work on my new mac (there are 8 ip address that can be used in each room so I did try another one of those but it did not work). My new mac "connects"/all the lights are green but it will not load a page and says that it cannot find the sever that the web page is on or something.

Help! I would really like to get this new compute set up because my old one is about to die! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check with whoever is in charge of IT at your student housing area and ask for help. Closed internet setups like at student housing and some hotels may require changing DNS settings in order to load a web page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.