Clamshell mode help

Reaction score
I have a 2007 macbook pro running Snow Leopard.

The screen is not working so I hooked it up in clamshell mode to my toshiba monitor. Everything was working as expected. However, when I changed the resolution I started getting an "unreadable source" message from the monitor. I tried resetting the NVRAM but it didn't help. I am still getting the "unreadable source" message.

Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem you're running into is that you've got to get the MBP back to the native resolution of the Toshiba monitor. You can try resetting the SMC on the MBP to see if that will work: LINK

If that doesn't work, you'll need another Mac with a firewire port. Hook your MBP to the other Mac and then boot your MBP from the other Mac. You should then be able to go into display preferences and reset the native resolution for the Toshiba.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.