Mac Won't Boot after Boot Camp Windows Update - Macbook Pro Mid 2010

Reaction score
Hello All, and thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I have a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro. Last year I upgraded the RAM, then this year I decided to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD-hybrid. Everything went perfectly smoothly with both upgrades, and I was a happy camper.

I had also installed Boot Camp with Windows 7 and everything worked perfectly. Then last night, I boot in to Windows 7 and it gives me a 'service pack update'. After installing it, I had to reboot my computer. Rebooted it and it accidently started booting OSX. No problem, I thought. I held down the power button, and booted back in to Windows. The service pack installation continued and it had me restart my computer an obscene amount of times during the installation. This is when I initially thought "this is weird".

Finally the service pack installs, and I'm able to use Windows 7 again. Then I shut down the machine and tried to boot back into OSX. No dice.

Here's how the OSX booting process goes:
First, the Apple logo appears, then what appears to be a progressive loading bar at the bottom. After a few seconds, the loading bar disappears. Then it's just at the Apple booting screen with the spinning wheel/gear and sits there indefinitiely. I let it sit there for over an hour last night and nothing happened.

Any suggestions? I tried resetting the NVRAM and the SMC.

Thanks so much,
dlevv

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Boot holding down the Option key to see what drives are bootable. If no joy assuming you are using Lion or Mountain Lion, try Recovery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.