MacBook Pro Retina 13 or without Retina?

Reaction score
I am currently a owner of a dell. I'm very interested in getting a Mac. I am trying to decide between the "new" MacBook Pro 13", or the model before it. After doing some research i found these pros and cons to getting the "new" one.

Pros:
-Display
-Lighter, smaller in size
-HDMI Port
-the keyboard is integrated and seems to feel better and be a bit smoother and easier to type on

Cons:
-Absence of Ethernet and Firewire ports
-No optical drive
-I read on a review that when viewing pictures on any browser but Safari that the pictures can lose quality. Also that the CPU was not strong enough to support the display 100%

I was leaning towards the older one because i can upgrade the CPU from an i5 to i7 for less than the new one with an i5. The keyboard is also holding me back.

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The first question you should ask is if you NEED the i7 vs the i5.
Core i5 or Core i7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If i went with the older model I would not need it but I would get it if it was still cheaper than the new one. If I went with the new one I would probably need it to support the the display.

Did you even read the article I linked to? It elaborates on what the i7 really brings to the plate. Which isn't much when it comes to the MacBook. The GPU is the deciding factor on display support anyway, not the CPU.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.