How to download rar files and put them on DVD

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Horizons here. I am the proud owner of a mac OSX 10.5.8 and I'm not very techy when it comes to operating it. I would like to download some rar files and burn them onto a disc. I have searched the net but I can't seem to find out how to do it in a very simple way. Can anyone out there help with very simple instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Horizons

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello Horizons and welcome to the forums.

I went ahead and moved your post out of our off-topic forum (Schweb's Lounge) and into our OS X - Apps forum, since what you're really needing is some apps to burn your projects onto a disc.

RAR files are actually archive files - that is, they contain some kind of data and are compressed to make it easier to transfer them across the Internet. I guess my first question is what that DVD is intended to do? For example, do you just want to burn the RAR files to a disc for safe keeping, or did you want to extract the RAR files to make some kind of a cohesive or useful file (or files)?

If you just want to burn then to a disc, you could use the freeware program called 'Burn':

Burn - Home

Burn will allow you to just drag and drop the files onto the program window and then burn them onto a data disc.

However, if the intent is to extract the RAR files to form a video and then burn it to a disc so that you can watch it on a DVD player, that will require some further manipulation. Regardless, it's hard to give you a specific procedure until we understand your ultimate goal.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi cwa107,

Thanks for the welcome. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum and thanks for re-directing my post to the appropriate place. I will post my intentions there.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.