Macbook wouldn't turn on, want to diagnose problem

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having some trouble with my 2006 Macbook 10.4.11 I will say at the outset that I am far from the most tech savvy person in the world.

First, the Macbook blinked off, with no warning. Tried to turn it back on - got the chime, but nothing else.

Second, I put the OS X install disc in. No I get no response with the power power

Third, I disconnected and reconnected the battery. Now, it started up. With the install disc in it. It started up, to my original settings - with all my files, etc.

At this point, I am wondering what options I have, as far as diagnosis goes. Obviously my first priority is to back up my files. Beyond that, though... well, needless to say I do not know how far I can trust the machine.

Oh, also, quite some time ago something happened with the battery where it does not hold charge for any predictable amount of time if the power cord is disconnected.

Any help, suggestions would be wonderful! Let me know if you need any more information.

shalom

Jordan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.