iPad mini club.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Just for bragging rights. :D Would have posted sooner but was busy this morning shopping for stuff.

ND3A0008.jpg

ND3A0013.jpg

ND3A0014.jpg

ND3A0016.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Nice. I like how the back of it looks. Engadget gave it a really nice review. Sounded like they liked it better overall than the full-size late 2012 iPad.

How about this guy who installed one in the dashboard of his car?

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Nice. I like how the back of it looks. Engadget gave it a really nice review. Sounded like they liked it better overall than the full-size late 2012 iPad.

How about this guy who installed one in the dashboard of his car?

Wow that's pretty awesome. I want to do that. >_<"

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Now I want two! :'(

One for me and one for my car.

Reaction score
That car idea is nice. Hmmmmmmm.. A full size iPad is too big but a Mini may be perfect... *thinking*

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just for bragging rights. :D Would have posted sooner but was busy this morning shopping for stuff.

Congrats! You're one of the first "Dudes on the Block" to have one!:)

- Nick

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats! You're one of the first "Dudes on the Block" to have one!:)

- Nick

YAY! I actually do like it more than my iPad 3. >_<" It's so compact and I <3 it. Can hold it with one hand and just enjoy. I was kind of skeptical of it being non retina screen but you don't really seem to notice it that much. Unless you are reading really small body type.

Can always pinch to zoom in. :D

Already put in an order for a Portenzo case. Hopefully it comes soon. I don't want it to get scratches. >_<" Humm now what to do with the iPad 3. >_>"

Reaction score
YAY! I actually do like it more than my iPad 3. >_<" It's so compact and I <3 it. Can hold it with one hand and just enjoy. I was kind of skeptical of it being non retina screen but you don't really seem to notice it that much. Unless you are reading really small body type.

Already put in an order for a Portenzo case. Hopefully it comes soon. I don't want it to get scratches. >_<" Humm now what to do with the iPad 3. >_>"

You sound EXACTLY like me....except the part about the case. I'll have to check that out though...:)

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with mine, so much thinner & lighter. My iPad 2 and 3rd gen will stay at home for my wife/kids....the mini is all mine to keep with me!

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm extremely happy with mine, so much thinner & lighter. My iPad 2 and 3rd gen will stay at home for my wife/kids....the mini is all mine to keep with me!

That's what I have been doing with my iPad 3. I just keep it at the side of my bed. My ipad Mini goes everywhere with me. :D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just scored a 32GB Black at Sam's Club. :D

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
iPad 3

You wanna sell it???

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have to admit I waffled on getting the Mini. I brought my iPad2 to the Apple Store and did a three way comparison (Mini vs 2nd Gen vs 4th Gen) and the Mini lost. But, I couldn't get around the smaller form factor and lighter weight. So decided to go for it anyway.

I had some history to fall back on. When I bought my TV I spent hours in the store doing side-by-sides trying to pick the best. Finally realized when I got it home I wouldn't have those other TVs to nitpick against, so i bought on features and price. And that turned out to be a good decision.

Same is true with the iPad Mini. Intellectually I know the displays on the 2nd Gen and 4th Gen beat it, but the display is more than good enough for my purposes so I don't notice in actual use.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Intellectually I know the displays on the 2nd Gen and 4th Gen beat it, but the display is more than good enough for my purposes so I don't notice in actual use.
You and me both. I understand why companies push the quality of displays even further (and I'm glad they do) but at the end of the day, I can hardly tell the difference between some of them. If I can read something and it's clear, I'm happy. Sure, the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD "outperform" the iPad Mini in terms of display quality (as CNET argues) but I'm willing to bet that for 95% of users (me and you included), the iPad Mini display will be just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

I wasn't acquainted with those Portenzo cases before now. Any chance you could post a pic or two when you get it, and maybe some comments on it? I really like the looks of those and may be interested in one whenever I replace my iPad. It looks like it might even negate the downsides of that narrow bezel on the iPad mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.