Mac OS X 10.5.8 doesn't recognize older version of Address book?

Reaction score
I saved my Mac OS X 10.4.11 Address Book to my External Hardrive, now when I try to import my Address's into my Mac OS X 10.5.8 a note comes up telling me I can't use the older version of the address book. How can I recover my address's from the mail I saved on my ex-hardrive?

Please send help, I need the address;s from the old address book badly,
Thanks
Flying D

OP
F
Reaction score
I don't know but my former note, says I saved the address from the Mail, WRONG. The address book is saved to my ex-hardrive & I need to import the address's or somehow recover them. Please any suggestions?
Flying Dee

C

chas_m

The op says he moved ADDRESS BOOK (ie, the application) to his external hard drive. So he never actually moved his addresses (which are stored separately). That is the actual problem.

Of course you're not going to be able to run an outdated version of an app on a newer system. The problem, I believe, is that you've confused the app with the data you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.