imac 5.1 ram upgrade

Reaction score
Sorry to bother, I read the answer about upgrading memory for imac 5.1 2 GHz Intel core 2 duo.2006/7. Wisdom: even pair upgrade, maximum would be 3 GB for this one. But: how is performing 2x2 GB upgrade? What turns out to be 'greatest wisdom"?
Also, other problem, what can I do about "Throttling respawn, will start in seconds? And this is an endless message. :\What does it mean and how to fix?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It always best to use two modules of the same size and type. Installing 2 x 2 GB modules will work best even though the machine will only recognize 3 GB. As for the message you're getting, I have no idea what it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's a daemon attempting to start, which one ... Since you have not posted the entire error, not a clue.

OP
I
Reaction score
imac 5.1 upgrade

It always best to use two modules of the same size and type. Installing 2 x 2 GB modules will work best even though the machine will only recognize 3 GB. As for the message you're getting, I have no idea what it is.

Thanks for replying, will gett 2x2 GB Ram.
For the other item: throttling respawn, will start in 10 seconds:
Console told me:02-11-12 18:10:38 CleanMyMacHelperTool[318]
Wont clean hanneke... because disk image02-11-12 18:10:38 CleanMyMacHelperTool[318] CleanMyMacHelperTool exited...02-11-12 18:10:38 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[134]
(com.macpaw.CleanMyMac.volumeWatcher) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds02-11-12 18:10:48 CleanMyMacHelperTool[319]
Mounted devices (
"/Users/hanneke
)02-11-12 18:08:17 CleanMyMacHelperTool[297] Mounted devices (
"/Users/hanneke"
)02-11-12 18:09:17 CleanMyMacHelperTool[303] CleanMyMacHelperTool started as volume cleaner with cleanTrashes 1 cleanMacOSJunk 1 cleanWinJunk 1

Is it necessary to do something about it? Am really not very technical....
Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Uninstall the Clean My Mac application as it's probably doing more harm than good. Use their uninstall instructions - do not drag it to the Trash. The only maintenance and cleanup tool we recommend is OnyX. Free download from here. LINK

OP
I
Reaction score
imac 5.1 upgrade

Uninstall the Clean My Mac application as it's probably doing more harm than good. Use their uninstall instructions - do not drag it to the Trash. The only maintenance and cleanup tool we recommend is OnyX. Free download from here. LINK

Thanks a lot for your help! I deleted ClamXav with instructions from your site. And installed OnyX. And upgraded my mac with 2x2 GB.
Silly thing is console is still warning me the same message:
(wont clean hanneke....because disk image; Cleanmachelper tool exited. com.macpaw.cleanmymac.volumewatcher. will start in 10 seconds).
Hope she/he will be much faster, dont know for yet.
Thanks again for the very quick help!

C

chas_m

That's because you ignored what we said to do and did something else. We told you to uninstall the program CleanMyMac, and you then deleted ClamXav which we did not say to delete.

OP
I
Reaction score
That's because you ignored what we said to do and did something else. We told you to uninstall the program CleanMyMac, and you then deleted ClamXav which we did not say to delete.

Problem was: month ago I deleted That program, putting it in trash. I couldn't find the uninstall program, some 'stuff' still was there, so I tried what you recommended. What else could I have done? And can I do...? Just ignore that message of throttling and the rest of messages?

Anyway, my mac is running now like a rabbitt. Was easy to put in the 2x2 GB in my mac.
But...am an ignoring maclover, and ready if possible to understand a bit more about those incomprehensible things. Switcher hangout......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That is no way to delete the crapware CleanMyMac. You may have to download again to get the uninstaller. A tool such as AppDelete or may help.

OP
I
Reaction score
That is no way to delete the crapware CleanMyMac. You may have to download again to get the uninstaller. A tool such as AppDelete or may help.
Page Not Found | Mac Forums

Have been blushing a long while; did inverse clamxav and cleanmymac and for being straightforward, did both. Unbelievable, I didn't see the letters.
Now, appcleaner did his work, clamxav installed again, no trace of cleanmymac.
But really I am very gratefull that in spite of doing stupid things, you didn't let go me down.
:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.