No more room....!

Reaction score
Hey, I've had my MAC desktop now for about a year....and mostly love it (formerly a PC user). Put for the past couple of days I have been getting warnings that my temp disk is Full and that I have to empty or delete. I have already emptied my Trash, several times but still have the same problem. BTW, I subscribe to MacKeeper software and tried to run the "duplicate file" portion and, despite having tried several times....when I hit "Scan"....it tells me it won't complete the scan for 22 hours!! I can no longer download any pictures or songs....nor save any documents! Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks!

C

chas_m

First: you're going to get LAMBASTED for ignoring the numerous warnings on this site about MacKeeper (yes they advertise here ... and everywhere ... but we write about how awful the product is on an almost daily basis). Pay attention on how to PROPERLY uninstall MacKeeper (it's tricky) do NOT just throw it away.

You say you're getting warnings that your "temp disk" is full ... do you have any idea what that means, because I don't. When you select your hard drive and "get info" or just open it and look at the bottom of the Finder window, how much free space does it say you have?

Bottom line: I'd bet good money that removing MacKeeper properly will "fix" this "problem."

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks Chas! I think I successfully uninstalled MacKeeper.....so my next question is.....what should I be doing about "defragging" and "scandisc" type functions that I used to run on my PC? Thanks!

OP
K
Reaction score
Still getting message that temp disk is full

Hi......though I deleted MacKeeper, I still get windows popping up telling me that my disk is Full. How can I get rid of duplicate files? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What is running when this is happening? I can see this being either a problem with your main hard drive being full or a disk used by some programs, such as Photoshop, for temporary storage is full.

Those are two very different issues. Start by selecting your boot drive (the one with the OS installed) then press Command i simultaneously. When the next window appears look to see if the "General"section is expanded. If not click the triangle to expand it then tell us the Capacity, Used, and Free space being reported.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.