Adding text to pdf files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2017 MBA
I need to fill in a pdf file with text. I have down loaded the file and can view it in Preview but cannot write or paste text to it. Can someone point me in the right direction as "help" doesn't.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There is a way of making a PDF that allows it to accept text input from pretty much any PDF reader. If you have a PDF that isn't like that, then you have to use a PDF Editor to actually add text to it. I think I've used Preview in the past to do this, but it's a little annoying manually placing the text boxes and aligning it with the rest of the stuff..

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2017 MBA
PDF files

Thanks Ashwin but that is exactly what I am trying to avoid.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yeah, I imagine. Unfortunately, unless the PDF is made as a "fillable" kind, then adding any text is not really stored within the PDF properly..I'm amazed that more people don't create the "fillable" kind for PDFs that require user entry anyway..

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac, 2017 MBA
I found out today that I can do this on my iMac without any additional programs, at least to my satisfaction.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.