The Windows support software could not be saved to the selected folder.

Reaction score
I am trying to bootcamp my macbook pro with retina display. I go to run the bootcamp application and I go through the steps. I am downloading the Windows support software and the error message comes up "The Windows support software could not be saved to the selected folder." I have Windows 7 on a USB and I am trying to put the Windows support software on a different USB but it always comes up with this error. I have tried several times now. Please help I am going crazy!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Save the Windows support software to a folder on your hard drive first. Then copy it to a USB flash drive.

OP
B
Reaction score
I tried to save it to an external hard drive but that didn't work either... I am trying what you suggested but I doubt it will work. If you have other ideas that would be great. Thanks for the advice though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.