color of back light

L

Legofreak769

i don't know anyone has noticed this or not but some of the 3g ipods have blue backlight and some have a white one. whats the explanation? what are the odds of getting one with a blue backlight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
odds are 0/100

there are none with the blue blacklight they just did that in the ad's using a different lighting on it to make it look cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
trpnmonkey41 said:
odds are 0/100

there are none with the blue blacklight they just did that in the ad's using a different lighting on it to make it look cool

Actually, the information I've seen indicates that this isn't accurate. It appears that some did/do indeed ship with "bluish" backlights while others (the majority?) ship/shipped with white backlights. It's pretty clear in this comparison picture that there are two different types of backlights:

attachment.php

OP
R

Redmands

I still want the black ipod they have on the box.... witha blue screen... nasty.

OP
D

DMBlover

Redmands said:
I still want the black ipod they have on the box.... witha blue screen... nasty.

its not black. it only looks like its black cuz of the lighting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm just thr boring old brown/grey :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.