• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple pushes back iTunes 11 launch until November

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
"The new iTunes is taking longer than expected and we wanted to take a little extra time to get it right." Wish they'd done this with the maps application in iOS... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Personally I could care less. I only use iTunes for those times I have to transfer music to the iPhone. iTunes has been slow and bloated to death for years now, and the only thing that would excite me about a change is if that meant it was written from the ground up in Cocoa, and if they separated it from the iTunes store. IMHO, the iTunes and App store should be one entity, leaving iTunes solely as a media organizer/player. So sick of Swiss Army apps.

Doug

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
IMHO, the iTunes and App store should be one entity, leaving iTunes solely as a media organizer/player. So sick of Swiss Army apps.

Doug
I've been asking for that for years now but I've (we've) never gotten that. They do it on iOS, why not on the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
Personally I could care less. I only use iTunes for those times I have to transfer music to the iPhone. iTunes has been slow and bloated to death for years now, and the only thing that would excite me about a change is if that meant it was written from the ground up in Cocoa, and if they separated it from the iTunes store. IMHO, the iTunes and App store should be one entity, leaving iTunes solely as a media organizer/player. So sick of Swiss Army apps.

Doug

What a terrific idea. That would be so much better IMHO :D

Reaction score

Doug

Im the same but im still a bit of a pervert when it comes to having my library all organised, artwork etc. I would probably use it more if I didnt keep all my music on an external hard drive.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im the same but im still a bit of a pervert when it comes to having my library all organised, artwork etc.
I get the feeling that autocorrect might have got the best of that sentence. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
No pervert is the correct word lol.

LMAO! Ya know.. you can still keep your library organized the way you want to for the most part. Just go to preferences>advanced, then direct iTunes to where your music is, un-check both boxes under that *organization and copy the files bit* then simply hit CMD+O and add those folders/files you want to. Done.

I keep all of my files on an external fwiw.

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.