• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Disney buying Lucasfilm for a little over $4 Billion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
The Star Wars movies will go into the Disney vault and get re-issued every ten years just like the rest of their films.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I hope the next 3 films they make are better than the last three they made. I own a pile of Disney dividend paying stock so it's fine by me.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Interesting... wonder what'll happen to that "Droid" trademark license deal with Google, given the close ties with Apple ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I could sooo care less. Saw the first Star wars movie ( A New Hope) in theaters when I was a kid. Hooked on all the toys, you name it .. I had it. Dad took me to see Empire, and I was totally blown away. Then came Jedi. Well, sure.. there were tons of lines to quote and some things of interest, but ultimately, Ewoks kind of killed it for me a bit. I was on the SW kick like any other guy in his teens, then 20's and even 30's..

But when you grow up and realize what is out there, and where Lucas stole his story lines from (very old Japanese animation) and then get sick of the merchandising that simply gets regurgitated year after year, these are the kinds of stories you just want to slap someone for.

The guy hasn't been relevant IMO, since the first Star Wars movie. I give him almost zero credit for how Empire turned out, and his childish musings almost totally ruined Jedi. The next three abominations afterward, I refuse to acknowledge as being part of the original story line. And no, it's not because I'm "old school", or too hip for Jar Jar... But really, Jar-Jar and that whole race is just ... uuuch.

At least with Disney owning it all, they might be able to do more than re-hash. What I find interesting about Disney, is that they have a tendency to tackle dark subject matter, and usually handle it with a fair amount of "realism" and tact. That said, at this point, the SW legacy is and has simply been a cash cow. I actually own a Millennium Falcon/Empire T shirt, bought from Target. :$

Doug

Reaction score
POde6.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 320GB HD, 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.7
I heard Disney is going to reboot the story with new characters and so forth. I might be interested. My son (24) who is a fan of the previous movies said he already has no interest.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If Disney puts the films in a vault that won't be much different from what Lucas is already doing. Periodic reissues that are basically minor changes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.