Macbook pro will only boot into Lion Recovery now

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently ran into a major problem... which is 100% my fault and now don't know what to do..

I decided that I wanted my computer to be brand new and delete everything... and from this point on everything went wrong...

1. I started off by holding down "option" and rebooted my macbook pro..
2. Then I went into disk utility and clicked on "Macintosh HD" from "160.04 GB Fujitsu..." HD and performed the "Erase Free Space" option and then the "Erase" option...
3. After that I tried to select the "160.04 GB Fujitsu..." HD and then delete the partition and make a new one but when I do that a error comes up saying "Disk Erase Failed. Couldn't unmount disk"
4. So I saw this freaked out and closed disk utility and clicked on "Reinstall OS X" and it says " OSX Mountain Lion" and after I Agree with everything, I come to the disk option and the only one that is available is "Recovery HD" and when I try to click on it to install Mountain lion, is says " This disk is Locked". The normal Hard drive isnt there like it should be so I am assuming that the hard drive is not recognized maybe? In disk utility, I can only "verify disk" and " repair disk". when I do that it says everything is okay! but the "verify disk permission and repair disk permission" buttons are greyed out... i dont know what any of this means.

soo here I am... Lost and confused. I now know that I screwed up somewhere and Im not sure how to fix this...

Can you guys please help me

Thanks in advanced

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.