iPhoto Import Errors

Reaction score
Hi, I recently got an iBook G4 and copied all my photos (just JPGs) from my PC to the Pictures iPhoto folder on the iBook via a network.

I wanted to view them in iPhoto (05) so went to the Add To Library option. When I try and import single or multiple files it tells me there's something wrong with the files and it can't import them. However I can open them in preview fine!

Any reason why this would do this?

I've just read about updating your library with the Apple + Option which I will try, but is this normal?

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, figured it out

For those of you who are interested, I thought I was being smart and had copied the images from the networked Windows PC directly to the iPhoto Library folder, and was trying to "Add to Library" from there. It doesn't seem to like that. As soon as I removed them from that folder and imported them from a different directory, worked fine :)

Well done me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM
I am having the same problem. I will try what you did and see if it works for me too. Your post may have saved my day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.