Bluetooth wireless headphones + Mac Pro, interferance problems?

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've got a set of Bluetooth wireless headphone that I use while working in the studio. I went wireless because I'm up and down the whole time, switching between drawing desk, painting easel and the actual computer, and to be honest, wires **** me off!

I have a Mac pro form about a 1-2 years ago. Dual 4cores form memory, the first of the updates after a long wait. Running Snow leopard still (worried about Mountain lions impact on my work flow). It has both the standard wireless mac keyboard and mouse.

Problem I have is the sound quality from my Mac pro to my headphones is appalling. They head phones are good higher end units and I can get great sound from my iPhone, but not the Mac Pro.

Am I getting interference from the keyboard and mouse? or is there something else to it?

I want to use them with my Mac Pro because I have an extensive music library on there as opposed to the small selection on my iphone.

I have been streaming from the Mac Pro to my iPhone then to the headphones but the transmission and be dicey at times, cutting out, stopping, losing connection. Not good for my concentration when I constantly trying to get them to work.

Anybody able to help me out?

On a side note, I find occasionally the sound drops out on the headphones when playing from my iphone only. If i skip or rewind to the start of the song it comes back fine. Is it a mac thing or a headphone issue?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Bluetooth IR (InfraRed) headphones, in my experience, have pretty poor range.

900MHz vs. 2.4GHz...analog vs. digital...depends on the quantity & type of waves blasting through your studio...

900MHz, try something like:
Amazon.com: Sony MDR-RF970RK Wireless Stereo Headphones: Electronics

2.4GHz, try something like:
Wireless TV Headphones at Brookstone
or
Amazon.com: Rocketfish RF-RBWHP01 Rocketboost Wireless Stereo Headphones: Electronics
or
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P15HD0/?tag=macforums0e4-20
or
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002TLT10I/?tag=macforums0e4-20

I feel confident that after you experience the extended range (offered by the above models), you will sell your bluetooth set.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.