Will CS3 run OK on 10.8.2?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been offered a used copy of CS3 and was wondering if I would have any problems running this software (2-3 years old, if not more) on a Mid 2011 i5 21.5 iMac with 12Gb/500Gb/10.8.2?

Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi all,

I have been offered a used copy of CS3 and was wondering if I would have any problems running this software (2-3 years old, if not more) on a Mid 2011 i5 21.5 iMac with 12Gb/500Gb/10.8.2?

Thanks.

From this "Mountain Lion Compatibility Table":

App Compatibility Table

…it appears that some CS3 Apps. will work with 10.8…and some won't or are questionable.

- Nick

C

chas_m

Seems to work fine on my machine ... be sure that copy you are getting is legal.

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
Seems to work fine on my machine ... be sure that copy you are getting is legal.
Hi Chas,

Yep, the copy is 100% legal, as far as I am aware. The person I am purchasing it from assures me that he has uninstalled the software from his machines and is giving me the original media.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Chas,

Yep, the copy is 100% legal, as far as I am aware. The person I am purchasing it from assures me that he has uninstalled the software from his machines and is giving me the original media.

This is very important. If the serial number for this copy of CS3 is found by Adobe to be registered to someone else (or found on multiple computers)…you may not be able to update these CS3 apps (via the internet). It may also not qualify as a product you could use to upgrade to a newer version (CS4, CS5, etc.)…(assuming CS3 still counts as a version that can reduce the cost of upgrading to a newer version). Since the newest version is CS6.

- Nick

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
This is very important. If the serial number for this copy of CS3 is found by Adobe to be registered to someone else (or found on multiple computers)…you may not be able to update these CS3 apps (via the internet). It may also not qualify as a product you could use to upgrade to a newer version (CS4, CS5, etc.)…(assuming CS3 still counts as a version that can reduce the cost of upgrading to a newer version). Since the newest version is CS6.

- Nick
Hi again Nick,

Thanks for that additional information. I was aware of this before I even entered into negotiations with the seller regarding this item. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi again Nick,

Thanks for that additional information. I was aware of this before I even entered into negotiations with the seller regarding this item. :)

Good deal. Just wanted to be sure you knew.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.