iLife 06 Upgrade

Reaction score
Hope someone can help.

I bought an iBook G4 less than 2 months ago, and it came with what looked like software vouchers, 2 for OS X and 2 for iLife 05.

I noticed iLife 06 is now out and wondered if I'm able to upgrade to this with these vouchers (there's no desctription on them to say whether I can or not).

I know people who have got upgrades on OS X instead of having to buy the full product so wondered if iLife was the same, and if so, how do I go about getting it?

Thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
For those interested, it isn't possible to get any kind of upgrade or discount, you must buy the full product at full price.

L

lil

That said though £55/$79 is hardly what we could call an absolute fortune and a blatant rip off for some of the best home creative software out there.

Vicky

OP
C
Reaction score
Very true Vicky, I wasn't grudging paying the £55, I was just wondering if there was an upgrade path for those of us who have just bought the hardware....

L

lil

I'm going to say no, but a local Mac dealer here is listing an upgrade DVD - I'm inclined to believe it is an error, but I shall investigate.

Vicky

OP
C
Reaction score
I called Apple sales yesterday and they stated there is no upgrade path. I'd imagine they are correct :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
chuckalicious said:
Very true Vicky, I wasn't grudging paying the £55, I was just wondering if there was an upgrade path for those of us who have just bought the hardware....

there is but its for people who have literally just bought it i.e from the 10th not two months ago

Reaction score
If you are a student you can get an educational discount (for iLife and iWork its about £20, a bit more actually). If you buy it from the apple website all you need to do is log in to the special education discount store while you are on campus (I'm at university, I don't know how'd you'd get on if you were at secondary school/high school). The apple wesbite detects whether the computer you are using is actually on the campus network.

Maybe you know someone at uni who can order it for you?

M

menace3054

inflexion said:
there is but its for people who have literally just bought it i.e from the 10th not two months ago

yea, the upgrade is if you bought a mac from the day ilife 06 was announced on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.