Macbook history showing up on ipad even when macbook is in private browsing

Reaction score
So I had private browsing turned on on my macbook and somehow the sites I visited on the macbook showed up on my history on my ipad, not the tabs but the actual history. How is this possible? Even more confusing, I do not have icould on my macbook, I am running the old mac os x 10.5. I do however sync my ipad with my mac book but it wasn't plugged into my mac during or after the time I visited these sites on my macbook. Can someone please explain how this is possible, how private browsing history from a mac shows up on an ipad? And please don't tell me I shouldn't be visiting any sites that I don't want people to see. I am just wondering how this is possible, especially since the private browsing was on.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I do however sync my ipad with my mac book but it wasn't plugged into my mac during or after the time I visited these sites on my macbook.

Safari remembers the sites and history and will reflect it on your iPad whether or not the iPad is plugged into your MacBook as long as you have WiFi turned on. The solution: Don't use Safari on your MacBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.