• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

HD Question

Reaction score
ok my buddy got a power book and it has jaguar on and he got a tiger CD. BUT all of his utilities are lock so when he put in a CD it pops in out. and he cant evan get into the disk utility becasue they are all locked from the Admin and he does not have the admin password becasue his buddy gave it to him and for get the password. is there any way to bypass the admin or evan just format the HD???

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Open the cd drawer amd place the tiger dvd in it. Restart the system and hold down on the "C" key. The OS will startup using the cd/dvd. There is an option to reset the admin password or you can initialize the hd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I've not used a slot loading machine, but it would seem to me that you should be able to insert the disc just at restart/startup time, while also holding down on the c key.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Did putting the CD in as he booted it and holding down the C key not work?

T

topshot

Sure it's not stolen?

Are you sure it's not stolen? The instructions above will work though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.