Sharing Itunes playlists among computers on a home network

Reaction score
Hi

I want to use the playlists I have on my main computer on a remote computer that is on the same home network.

I can't 'see' these playlists on my remote computer - is there a way to do this? Even when I export / import the playlist, the playlist is empty, can't see the songs, even though they are there on the shared list (all the files reside on the 'home base' computer).

The home base is on OSx 10.6.8 with itunes 10.6.3. The remote computer is running 10.5.8 and itunes 9.0.3. The remote computer is an PowerBook Pro maxed out at 1GB ram, and the Apple store told me I should not upgrade to 10.6 or it would run slow.

In fact, on the remote computer, I can't even drag songs from the shared list onto a new playlist.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks Eric
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Reaction score
I am not an expert but I use this same scenario successfully with three remote computers and numerous personal devices (9 in total) all reading the files off the 'base' computer.

Just a couple things I would check: Do you have Home Sharing turned on in both iTunes?
Are you logged on to your iTunes account from both computers?

And have you synced the remote computer?

HTH

Reaction score
I just log in to my iTunes account on the remote computer and sync.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.