Airplay wifi distance?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in purchasing the apple tv for my basement and using airplay to stream movies from my desktop from a floor above. I'd say the total distance is about 30-40 feet but these devices would be connected to the same wifi network. I have a 2011 mac mini with 4gb ram (mountain lion osx) and I'm using the newest airport extreme for wifi.

Would there be glitching/audio syncing problems that I should be aware of before I try this? Does anyone have any experience with using airplay from mac to apple tv from a far distance?

It doesn't matter if it lags because I won't be looking at both screens. I just want the stream with audio and video to work fluidly when it gets to my tv.

Apple tv is only really useful to me if airplay works well as I don't care for netflix or the built in apps so I'd like to know before I buy.

OP
S
Reaction score
I should also mention that I get the fastest internet my cable provide time warner provides as I think this would also be a factor if it uses wifi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.